Sunday, April 14, 2013

Breakfast Sandwich!




I normally have the worst time with breakfast foods.  I always am trying to look for something exciting to eat, without it being full of sugar or fat.  I love croissants, doughnuts, and pancakes, but those aren't something I want to eat every day for breakfast.  I was inspired when I went to a coffee shop and noticed they had breakfast sandwiches that they would put pesto on.  I thought it was a great idea and then tried to replicate something similar at home.  For this you will need:


  • Small Whole Wheat Bagel
  • Pesto
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Slice Provolone Cheese
  • 3 Slices of Tomato 
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Other Spices
Start toasting the bagel in a toaster or the oven, and by beating the egg in a small microwavable bowel with the salt, pepper, and other spices.  Put the bowel of egg in the microwave for about 1-1.5 minutes (I normally don't use the microwave to cook, but by putting it in a small bowel, the egg will cook in a circle that fits well on the bagel and it save time and dishes which is especially nice early in the morning).  Then take out the bagel, spread the pesto on both sides, add on the egg, cheese and tomato, close it up and you are ready to enjoy a great, healthy breakfast.

I hope you enjoy this recipe! Be sure to leave comments or questions in the comment section and be sure to follow my blog using the button in the upper right hand corner!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment