Monday, September 9, 2013

Fruit Smoothy!


    It is hot out today so I thought I would share this healthy recipe to help cool down and reenergize.  I really love making Fruit Smoothies because there are so many combinations that you can use so it never gets boring and it is SUPER easy!  The ingredients for this smoothie are:

  • 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
  • 1/4 Cup Frozen Pineapple
  • 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
  • 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt 
  • 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
  • 1 Package Stevia (if desired)  
  • 1 Dollop Whip Cream

    Place all these ingredients in a blender or food processor.  Blend well, adding more liquid if too thick and more yogurt or frozen fruit if too thin.  Pour into a cup, top with a little whip cream and enjoy your creation! 
 
TIP: I really like using frozen fruit to make smoothies because it gives you that smoothy texture without  adding ice which can water down flavor, and stevia is a nice, no calorie, sweetener that I enjoy because it is not as intense of a sweet (as long as you don't use too much) as granulated sugar and I feel it distributes a more even taste.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Feel free to leave any comments or questions in the comment section and be sure to follow me using the button in the top right corner! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment