Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Favorite Tofu Salad :)




     School has gotten busy for me.  It is right before spring break and all my classes are holding midterms or having projects due; so, for most of my meals I have been sticking to a simple salad that is really quick to make, super healthy, and always delicious.  As I was eating it one day, I figured why not post it here so others can enjoy the unique, fresh taste of it?  No one has exactly the same tastes, which is what makes salad so great.  Salads are easily customizable, adding or dropping something is simple and common; in fact, when I make if for my family, we all have a few main components, but not a single dish looks exactly the same.  I hope you enjoy this salad and I will be sure to post more like this soon.  What you will need is:


  • Lettuce
  • Tofu (Trader Joe's Teriyaki Tofu)
  • 2 Large Mushrooms (Baby Portobellos are my favorite) 
  • 4 Large Sun-dried Tomatoes
  • 1/4 Avocado
  • Cheese (Parmesan is what I use but others love feta on this salad)
  • Dressing-I love vinaigrettes, the one used here is a raspberry vinaigrette, but I normally use a balsamic vinaigrette. 

      To start out, I like to firm up the tofu by cooking it for a few minutes in a sauté pan. Heat the pan on medium heat, cut the tofu into semi-thick strips and lay them in the hot pan.  Let them cook about 2-3 min, just till they start getting a little brown, flip them over and wait for the other side to brown.  Take them off the heat and let them cool a moment while you wash and cut up the rest of the ingredients. Cut up the tofu pieces a little bit smaller and put them on top of the salad with everything else. Top with the cheese and dressing of your choice and you are ready to eat.  

I hope you like this refreshing taste of summer.  Be sure to leave any questions or thoughts in the comments, and follow me using the button near the top right corner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment